The great British temperamental sun is here and believe it or not, we’re in summer! Summer with the family can be a chance for bonding and making memories and at Acorns Day Nursery in Exeter we’ve got a lot of fun filled ideas for you to do at home!
Whether it’s enjoying the sun or splashing in muddy puddles, we’ve got something for every weather occasion.
Things to do at HOME
- Water Play. Does your little one need a cool down from the heat? Grab the pots and pans, fill them up and splash around with some water. Summer water fights are the foundation in building core memories and better so, FREE core memories! (Despite the cost of the water bill, sorry mum and dad!)
- Make your own ice lollies. Squeeze some berries, mix some juices and pop them in the freezer!
- Camp out in the garden. It is festival season after all! Why not have a mini festival in the garden and get some tunes on?
- Do some gardening! With all this sun and rain, what a perfect chance for plants to grow and children to learn how.
- Make a fort from the rain. Typical British downpour in the supposedly summer months? Make a fort inside and open the windows to listen to the rain together.
Things to do OUT
- The Beach. An obvious but wonderful choice! Head down to a special little cove and enjoy an ice cream and some crabbing. Enjoy some fish and chips on the beach and check out the arcades.
- A Family picnic. Take out your lunch and grab out the bikes – get your little ones to help make and pack sandwiches and take them down to the river to eat. Don’t forget an extra one for the ducks!
- Check out Wildwood Escot. With peacocks roaming around, slides to drop and squirrels to feed, wildwood escot is a unique experience this summer with the family.
- Check out some activities at Haldon Forest. There is something to do for children of all ages from the roof trop adventure to the gruffalo statue!
- Dance in the rain – The dirty rain will wash out but the memories will last forever! If the rain surprises you this summer, embrace it, enjoy it, DANCE in it!